1 - 3 years
Are you seeking an entrepreneurial, empowering workplace that allows you to: • Develop a career track • Leverage your current skills while developing new skills • Work with an incredible team of people Then look no further - Westchester Tool Rentals is looking for the right people to join our team.
Gas and Diesel Mechanic for Westchester Tools, Elmsford NY 10523
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $26.00 to $30.00 /hour
Qualified Veterans Welcome & Encouraged to Apply!
We pride ourselves on investing in our workforce and offer competitive benefits, as well as extensive on-the-job training for all eligible employees.
- Must have 3 years of knowledge of diesel and gasoline engines, manual and automatic transmission, cooling and air systems and other related components, mechanisms and systems.
- Possessing a technical degree, certification, or at least three years of equivalent technical experience is highly preferred.
- Must be able to read and write, must have the ability to understand and use the computer for diagnostics.
- Must have and maintain a current NY driver's license/CDL preferred, if job duties include use of a company vehicle.
- Must be able to work safely under OSHA standards.
- Must have the dexterity to maneuver in and around vehicles and chassis; able to stand, kneel, squat, and bend repeatedly.
- Must be able to push, pull & lift up to 100 pounds. Must be able to work in diversified environments, such as cold, heat, wind or other ambient conditions.
- Must be able to communicate well with other departments. Must consistently present a professional, results-driven attitude when dealing with peers, management and customers.
- Must be able to effectively communicate both orally and in writing and be able to read technical manuals.
- Must be able to work independently in a fast-paced environment; and adhere to all Company and safety policies.
- Must have necessary tools and proficiency to perform the job function.
- Must be willing and able to work additional hours as required.
- Inspect, diagnose, maintain, and repair company owned and/or operated equipment to insure fleet is within DOT and company operational standards. Identify next level or warranty repairs and escalate to the appropriate support entity.
- Detect excessive wear and defects on parts and components and red tag out of service vehicles to prevent unsafe operations.
On the job and factory training and Shop tools provided.
Medical Benefits Offered
Job ID: 253356856